Leningrad Oblast

Blazons of Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast Towns



Coat of arms of Leningrad Oblast was instituted on December 9, 1997. The description of the arms: "The Coat of Arms of Leningrad Oblast represents the image of silver anchors crossed by a gold key on azure field of heraldic shield (the ratio of width to height is 8:9). In the top of a shield the silver gear wall as a cross-belt on a red field is represented".

Saint-Petersburg Saint-Petersburg. Instituted on May 7, 1780.

The first arms of city Saint-Petersburg has appeared in 1712 on red banners of Saint-Petersburg regiments. According to picture and description, given in the book by Viskovatov "The historical description of uniform and arms of Russian army" (SPb, 1841), it represented "gold flaring heart, under gold crown and silver prince's mantle and under them two palmaceous branches". At the end of the twentieth years of XVIIIth century the new arms of Saint-Petersburg - "a scepter and two crossed anchors" - was made. Frantsisk Santi is considered as its creator. Scepters specified that the city is a capital of Russian empire, and anchors characterized it as a sea and river port. In 1780 the arms was completely saved, the form of a shield has varied only. In 1878 the coat of arms of a Saint-Petersburg province with the same symbolics, but with a standard frame of a shield, characteristic for province city was authorized: "In a dark red shield a gold imperial scepter on silver, indirectly crosswise fixed of an anchor and cat (anchor with three teeth). The shield is crowned with imperial crown and is surrounded by gold oak pages, joint by Andrey belt".

Gatchina Gatchina. Instituted on December 13, 1800.

Kingisepp (Yamburg) Kingisepp (Yamburg). Instituted on May 7, 1780.

Kolpino (Kolpinsky Posad)

Kolpino (Kolpinsky Posad). Instituted on September 23, 1883.

Kronshtadt Kronshtadt. Instituted on May 7, 1780.

The arms of city Kronstadt - beacon and copper on an island - for the first time has appeared in 1730. The beacon was placed on an island even before construction of a fortress, and copper - a speaking part of the arms of city located on an island Kotlin (from the Russian word "kotel" - copper).

Lodeinoe Pole Lodeinoe Pole. Instituted on October 4, 1788.

Lomonosov Lomonosov (Oranienbaum). Instituted on May 7, 1780.

Luga Luga. Instituted on May 21, 1781.

It is accepted to consider, that the city Luga had two arms: one - of Pskov province, other - of Kostroma province. Actually city Luga posesses only first arms, the second coat of arms belongs to city Lukh of Kostroma province (nowadays - Ivanovo Oblast). The inaccuracy has arisen because of a misprint in full code of laws of Russian empire. There, in the decree about establishment Kostroma province (September 5, 1778), on the basis of which the arms of district cities were made, was told, that "city Lukh with district" would belong to Kostroma province, and during copying in the descriptions of the arms of Kostroma province (March 29, 1779) instead of "Lukh" was written "Luga". The error has taken place, probably, because of similarity of the names of cities. If take a look on a map of Russia, it will become clear, that the city Luga could not proceed from Pskov province to Kostroma province, because three other provinces (Novgorod, Tver and Yaroslavl) are situated between them.

Novaya Ladoga Novaya Ladoga. Instituted on August 16, 1781.

Pavlovsk Pavlovsk. Instituted on January 18, 1801.

Petrodvorets (Petergof) Petrodvorets (Petergof)

Priozersk (Keksgolm) Priozersk (Keksgolm). Instituted on October 10, 1788.

Пушкин (Царское Село) Pushkin (Sofia; in 1808 Sofia was united with Tsarskoe Selo and received its name). Instituted on May 7, 1780.

Rozhestveno Rozhestveno. Instituted on May 7, 1780.

Sestroretsk Sestroretsk. Instituted on February 23, 2000.

The authors of Sestroretsk blazon are Konstantin Mochenov, Yury Mochenov and Sergey Isaev.

Sosnovy Bor Sosnovy Bor. Instituted on December 16, 1996.

Tikhvin Tikhvin (old blazon). Instituted on July 10, 1773.

Tikhvin Tikhvin (new blazon). Instituted in 1968 г.

Shlisselburg

Shlisselburg (Oreshek, Noteburg, Petrokrepost). Instituted on May 7, 1780.

The meaning of an emblem of the city Shlisselburg arms - key above a fortress - is connected to the city name: "Shlisselburg" in translation with German means "key-city". Such name was given to city by Petr I at once after its capture by Russian army on October 11, 1702. Up to it, since 1611, its name was Noteburg - "nut-city", from the old Russian name of this fortress, based in 1323, - Oreshek (nut). Such city blazon for the first time has appeared in 1730. Up to it since 1712 Shlisselburg had other emblem - "a columns decorated with anchors and noses of the ships".

Vsevolozhsk Vsevolozhsk

Vyborg Vyborg. Instituted on October 4, 1788.


Kursk Oblast Lipetsk Oblast

Main Page | Blazons of Provinces | Home Page


Картинки по запросу печи барбекю . Недвижимость: обменять квартиру в Москве, Серпуховская или купить. . срочно нужны деньги