Tatarstan Republic

Blazons of Tatarstan Republic Towns



Coat of arms of Tatarstan Republic was instituted on February 7, 1992. Its author is the artist Rif Zagreevich Fakhrutdinov.

Kazan Kazan. Instituted on October 18, 1781.

Arsk

Arsk. Instituted on October 18, 1781. Description: "In the upper part of the shield the Kazan arms are placed. In the lower part, in silver field, a fortress with three towers, which was made from oak and situated in this town".

Bugulma Bugulma. Instituted on June 3, 1782.

Buinsk Buinsk. Instituted on December 20, 1780.

Bulgar (Spassk)

Bulgar (Spassk). Instituted on October 18, 1791. Description: "In the upper part of the shield the Kazan arms are placed. In the lower part, the old tower in silver field, as a token that near this new town there was an ancient Tatar town Bolgar, in which till now such towers are not destroyed".

Elabuga Elabuga. Instituted on May 28, 1781.

Laishevo

Laishevo. Instituted on October 18, 1781. Description: "In the upper part of the shield the Kazan arms are placed. In the lower part - a big ship named "stroog", which is ready for sailing off, because in this town there is a renowned wharf".

Mamadysh

Mamadysh. Instituted on October 18, 1781. Description: "In the upper part of the shield the Kazan arms are placed. In the lower part - two silver sickles and golden sheaf of wheat in the middle of green field, as a symbol of grain plenty in this place".

Mendeleevsky Rayon

Mendeleevsky Rayon. Instituted on March 5, 2007.

Idea of blazon: Ilnur Minnullin (Kazan). The stirrup and the horseshoe were taken from the coat of arms of the famous scientist Mendeleev (who lived in this region).

Menzelinsk Menzelinsk. Instituted on July 3, 1782.

Sviazhsk Sviazhsk. Instituted on October 18, 1781.

Tetyushi

Tetyushi. Instituted on October 18, 1781. Description: "In the upper part of the shield the Kazan arms are placed. In the lower part - two silver knights' spears and two shields in red field, as a symbol that inhabitants of this place are soldiers of old service, who used these weapons with great skill".

Chistopol

Chistopol. Instituted on October 18, 1781. Description: "In the upper part of the shield the Kazan arms are placed. In the lower part - a branded volume measure ("chetverik") as a symbol that in this town there is a big grain market".

Chetverik is an old Russian volume measure (1 chetverik = 26.24 litres).


North Osetia Republic - Alania Tyva Republic

Main Page | Blazons of Provinces | Home Page